KATS Network Advisory Council
Updated: September 28, 2021
The KATS Network Advisory Council, which consists of 13 gubernatorial appointees, along with the Coordinating Center staff helps coordinate the implementation of statewide capacity building and advocacy initiatives regarding the availability of assistive technology. These organizations, designed to work toward permanent systems change for the enhancement of access to assistive technology for Kentuckians with disabilities, constitute the KATS Network, providing consumer responsive, comprehensive, statewide programs of technology-related assistance for individuals with disabilities of all ages.
To help plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of the KATS Network.
The Advisory Council meetings are held quarterly, 4 times per year.
Minutes from past meetings are available at the bottom of this page
December 9, 2021
9:30 am – 12:30 pm, eastern time
Zoom Meeting: To register please contact Missy Peel: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Procedures for Meetings
Effective July 29, 2021: All Kentucky state employees, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, are once again required to wear masks while working indoors.
Additionally, anyone who visits a state building, regardless of their coronavirus vaccination status, must wear a mask when inside.
If you are interested in becoming an Advisory Council member, please contact the KATS Network toll-free at (800) 327-5287 or fill out and submit your application.
Representatives of Designated Statewide Agencies
- Andre Rysemus – KY Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Lisa McKeown – Statewide Independent Living Centers
- Suhas Kulkarni- KY Workforce Investment Board
- Kevin McCormack (Co-chair) – KY Dept. of Education
- Jessica Endler – KY Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Nicole Maher – Commonwealth Council for Developmental Disabilities
Representatives of Individuals with Disabilities who use Assistive Technology
- William Titus – Louisville, KY
- Samanthia Farthing – Erlanger, KY
- Winter Renfrow -Horse Branch, KY
- Gerry Gordon Brown – Frankfort, KY
- Mindy McGirt (Co-chair) – Standord, KY
- Nancy Perry – Franklin, KY
- Chester Wilbert – Louisville, KY
Minutes from the previous three (3) meetings are available for download. If you are interested in minutes from meetings prior to these dates, please contact the KATS Network by emailing us at email@example.com.
- KATS Council Minutes – June 10, 2021 (pdf)
- KATS Council Minutes – June 11, 2020 (word)
- KATS Council Minutes – September 23, 2020 (word)
- KATS Council Minutes – December 15, 2020 (pdf)