Are you a user of Assistive Technology? Do you have a family member who uses Assistive Technology?
If you are interested in applying to serve on the KATS Network Advisory Council to help provide guidance to the State on increasing the awareness and acquisition of Assistive Technology (AT) to the thousands of Kentuckians with disabilities who use or need AT, please submit your completed application and resume directly to us by email to email@example.com.
Advisory Council members are Governor Appointed positions for a term of three (3) years. Members may serve up to three (3) consecutive three (3) year terms.
Advisory Council Roles and Responsibilities:
- To serve as ambassadors of the AT Act program
- To assist with the development of the three year State Plan for Assistive Technology (SPAT) submitted to the Administration on Community Living, US Department of Health and Human Services
- To assist the program with implementing and evaluating the activities identified in the SPAT and suggesting amendments, if needed, based on the Annual Progress Report (APR)
- To provide a stakeholder voice about issues related to access to and acquisition of assistive technology in the state the program serves
- To provide input to other agencies and or partners in order to improve AT services within the state
For more information, please visit our Advisory Council page.