Rehabilitation Technologist (Corbin, KY)
The University of Kentucky Human Development Institute is currently hiring for a Rehabilitation Technologist. This Rehabilitation Technologist will provide a variety of rehabilitation technology services for KY Office of Vocational Rehabilitation customers (consumers/people with disabilities including Blindness/low vision, employers, other agencies, etc.) based out of its Corbin office.
View the full job listing and apply at RE39475 | Rehabilitation Technologist
This Rehabilitation Technologist will provide a variety of rehabilitation technology services for KY Office of Vocational Rehabilitation customers (consumers/people with disabilities including Blindness/low vision, employers, other agencies, etc.) in a specific geographic service area, including:
- Provide rehabilitation technology assessments for consumers.
- Develop specifications for rehabilitation technology equipment and standards for the provision of assistive technology services.
- Produce reports with specific recommendations for consumers and their rehabilitation counselors.
- Prepare and review design plans and contracts for specific rehabilitation technology projects and conduct interim and final inspections of construction and engineering projects to determine compliance with contract and accessibility guidelines.
- Assist counselors with estimating costs and ordering equipment and services, as needed.
- Provide training and technical assistance for consumers in the use of technology.
- Market rehabilitation engineering services to potential customers.
- Design custom rehabilitation technology equipment and fabricates modifications for rehabilitation technology equipment.
- Manage and maintain a rehabilitation technology demonstration lab.
- Provide technical assistance to other regional assistive technology professionals as needed.
- Collect consumer service data and maintain accurate records.
- Regional statewide travel is required.
Degree in engineering, especially rehabilitation or biomedical engineering; occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech-language pathology; other engineering, technical, or allied health science field w/experience in assistive/rehabilitation technology; RESNA Assistive Technology Practitioner (ATP) Certification.
Deadline to Apply