KATS Network Advisory Council
The KATS Network Advisory Council, which consists of 13 gubernatorial appointees, along with the Coordinating Center staff help coordinate the implementation of statewide capacity building and advocacy initiatives regarding the availability of assistive technology. These organizations, designed to work toward permanent systems change for the enhancement of access to assistive technology for Kentuckians with disabilities, constitute the KATS Network, providing consumer responsive, comprehensive, statewide programs of technology-related assistance for individuals with disabilities of all ages.
To help plan, implement and evaluate the activities of the KATS Network.
The Advisory Council meetings are held quarterly, 4 times per year.
Minutes from past meetings are available at the bottom of this page
June 3, 2020
9:30 am – 12:30 pm, eastern time
Zoom Webinar, link coming soon.
Gov. Beshear announced new guidance that state boards and commissions cancel any scheduled in-person meetings, and instead use video teleconference technology. The new guidance provides that boards and commissions should provide the public with a link to access the meeting remotely. As a result, the KATS Network Advisory Council meetings will be conducted using Zoom Webinar Platform until further notice. Live ASL Interpreting will be provided.
If you are interested in becoming an Advisory Council member, please contact the KATS Network toll free at (800) 327-5287 or fill out and submit your application and resume directly to the KATS Network by mail or email.
Representatives of Designated Statewide Agencies
- Andre Rysemus – KY Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Lisa McKeown – Statewide Independent Living Centers
- Melissa Aguilar- KY Workforce Investment Board
- Lee Muncy (Co-chair) – KY Dept. of Education
- Jessica Endler – KY Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Nicole Maher – Commonwealth Council for Developmental Disabilities
Representatives of Individuals with Disabilities who use Assistive Technology
- William Titus – Louisville, KY
- Samanthia Farthing – Erlanger, KY
- Winter Renfrow -, KY
- Gerry Gordon Brown – Frankfort, KY
- Duke Pettit – Lexington, KY
- David Dennis – Lawrenceburg, KY
- Rick Boggess – Owensboro, KY
Minutes from previous three (3) meetings are available for download. If you are interested in minutes from meetings prior to these dates, please contact the KATS Network by emailing us at: email@example.com.
- KATS Council Minutes – September 22, 2017 (word)
- KATS Council Minutes – December 15, 2017 (word)
- KATS Council Minutes – March 23, 2018 (word)
State Plan for Assistive Technology
- Kentucky State Plan for Assistive Technology (RSA-664) for FY 2015-2017 (submitted FY 2015) H224A150017